Overnight Blueberry French Toast January 30 2016
We are here to help you think of ways to spice up your weekend and what better way to start than with everyone’s favorite meal- brunch. Don’t have a clue where to begin? We have an idea in mind.
With so many different ways of cooking French toast, we chose a recipe with a unique taste that truly is one of a kind, Overnight Blueberry French Toast (makes 10 servings).
- 12 slices day old bread cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon La Flor vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Then place half of the bread cubes in the dish, topped with cream cheese cubes. Add 1 cup blueberries over the cream cheese, and top with remaining bread cubes.
- Then, mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and syrup in a large bowl. Pour mixture over the bread cubes, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove dish from refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Bake for 30 minutes covered and then 25-30 minutes uncovered until the center is firm and surface is golden.
- In a medium saucepan bring the sugar, cornstarch, and water, to a boil and stir constantly for 3-4 minutes. Mix in the remaining cup of blueberries and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes, or until blueberries burst. Stir in the butter and pour over the baked French toast.
When taste is everything, La Flor is all you need to transform your everyday meal into an extraordinary culinary delight. Shop our selection of spices, herbs, and blends on the web - keep it spicy America!