#FoodieFriday - Mozzarella-Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Meatballs January 29 2016
Having people over this weekend and don’t know what to make for them? Enjoy your night together with this Mozzarella-Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Meatballs as the perfect side dish to any meal.
Ingredients: adapted from Life in the Lofthouse
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon La Flor parsley
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons La Flor garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon La Flor black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 jar marinara sauce (24 ounces)
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients except chicken, mozzarella cheese, and marinara sauce. Note, only use 1/4 cup breadcrumbs during this step and save the remainder for step 6.
- Gentle combine the ground chicken and mixture with your hands. Form 12 meatballs by rolling about 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture in your hands, shaping into a ball.
- Press one cube of mozzarella cheese into the center of the meatball and press mixture around to hide the cheese.
- Repeat with remaining chicken mixture and mozzarella.
- Pour remaining breadcrumbs onto a large plate and roll each meatball into the crumbs. Then place each meatball into the muffin tin.
- Bake meatballs for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Heat the marinara sauce and serve immediately once meatballs are ready.
These tasty bites do well frozen for up to 2 months and can be reheated in the oven or in a crock pot.
When taste is everything, La Flor is all you need to transform your everyday meal into an extraordinary culinary delight. Shop our selection of spices, herbs, and blends on the web - keep it spicy America!
Score A Touchdown With These Game Day Dips January 14 2016
Whether you’re in it for the game or in it for the food, playoff football is a wonderful time of year. Let’s face it, what’s better than hanging out with your best buds while chowing down on some delicious grub while the game is on the big screen? Don’t fumble the ball with a standard salsa or jar of queso - although we can’t lie they can taste pretty darn good. Score a touchdown and wow your guests with these gourmet game day dips:
Kicked Up Tzatziki: mix a grated cucumber with 2 cups of Greek yogurt and 1 small minced garlic clove. Then add 1 diced jalapeno, 1 diced tomato, ½ tablespoon of La Flor ground cumin and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro.
Get Crabby: if you’re like us and just can’t get enough crab, this is the dip for you! Mix 8 ounces of crabmeat and cream cheese, ¼ cup of heavy cream, ½ cup of parmesan and muenster and just a bit of lemon juice. Then mince 1 garlic clove and throw in some La Flor black pepper , ½ cup of basil and parsley and bake on 375°F for about 30 minutes.
Wing Attack: what’s a football game without wings? There’s nothing better than a crispy buffalo chicken wing to accompany that cold beer, but this time we’re taking the dip to the next level. Mix up ¼ cup of sour cream and red onion with ⅓ cup buttermilk, ½ cup mayo, 1 clove minced garlic and 1 tablespoon chives, parsley and chipotles. Then toss in some La Flor Adobo and season with salt.When taste is everything, La Flor is all you need to transform the football game into an extraordinary culinary delight. Shop our selection of spices, herbs, and blends on the web - keep it spicy, America!