#FoodieFriday: Tilapia Oreganata February 19 2016
Guess what day it is! It’s Friday and that means it’s time for another fresh fish recipe! Today, we’re talking Tilapia Oreganata because who doesn’t love a meal topped with breadcrumbs and garlic?
- 1 lb. fresh Tilapia filets
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 tbsp. La Flor Oregano
- 1 tbsp. La Flor Basil
- 2 tbsp. Italian breadcrumbs
- La Flor Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, oregano, basil, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Rub each filet with breadcrumb mixture and drizzle fresh lemon juice on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes apart with a fork.
Replacing White Rice With Quinoa February 16 2016
Getting sick of white rice? Although it’s a staple in lots of different dishes from around the world, you can replace it with a variety of other grains that are more beneficial to your health. Take quinoa for example, it’s higher in B-vitamins and is a rich source of protein and fiber and with all that said, it still tastes great!
The next time recipe calls for white rice, either as a side or main dish, try replacing it with quinoa. Here are a few examples:
Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad: the possibilities are endless when it comes to Tex-Mex and quinoa’s versatility makes it the perfect substitute for white rice. Mix a cup of it with diced tomatoes, green chile peppers, garbanzo beans and chopped avocados and eat it in a bowl or wrapped in a flour tortilla.
Lemon Butter Quinoa: this recipe is extremely simple and goes well with just about any chicken or fish. Melt butter in a saucepan, add quinoa, vegetable broth, chopped garlic, and lemon and then season with La Flor’s Parsley Flakes.
Teriyaki Salmon Over Quinoa: feeling fishy? Try marinating your salmon in a thick teriyaki glaze and baking in the oven until it flakes apart with a fork. Then serve it over a bed of quinoa for a delectable meal you and your friends will love.When taste is everything, La Flor is all you need to transform your healthy meals into an extraordinary culinary delight. Shop our selection of spices, herbs, and blends on the web - keep it spicy, America!
Stone Ground Honey Mustard Salmon January 13 2016
Salmon is making a name for itself as a delectable trendy fish these days, and the best part is there are so many ways to prepare it. Today, we’re going to focus on a stone ground honey mustard salmon recipe that will feed about 10 people. So gather your close friends for a dinner party and this recipe is sure to leave their mouths watering and their bellies full.
- 4-5 lbs of fresh, skinless filet of salmon
- La Flor Garlic Powder
- Stone Ground Mustard
- Dijon Mustard
- Natural Clover Honey
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with La Flor Garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, mix equal parts stone ground mustard and dijon mustard. (You’ll want to make enough to spread over the entire filet.)
- Spread mustard mixture over fish and drizzle with natural clover honey.
- Bake, uncovered in a 450°F oven for about 12-15 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
Serve fish over your choice of rice or accompany with vegetables for a main dish your guests will love.When taste is everything, La Flor is all you need to transform your dinner party into an extraordinary culinary delight. Shop our selection of spices, herbs, and blends on the web - keep it spicy, America!