Maple Spiced Pecans
- 3 cups pecans, raw
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 huge spoonfuls honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pecans and cashews in a single layer onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cashews are slightly browned on edges.
- Once the nuts are cool, place 1 cup of nuts into food processor until chopped slightly. There will be both chunks and powder-like substance. Set aside.
- Heat maple syrup, honey and vanilla oven in a skillet over medium heat until honey becomes liquid, about 3 minutes.
- Add pecans, cashews and processed nut mixture to syrup and honey and stir with a spoon over heat until the nuts are well coated. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne and stir well.
- Spread mixture evenly onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Store in jar or container with a secure lid up to one week.